MEDAL OF HONOR SPONSORS
Walk for the Wounded Media, PA
Saturday, May 20th 2017
Registration 8:30am | Run 10:00am | Ceremony 11:00am
Walk Immediately Following Ceremony
Saturday, May 20th 2017
Rose Tree Park | Media, PA
Live performance by Bucket List 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm
Participants are encouraged to recruit a team of friends, family, or co-workers and register here on the site. Individual registrations as well as donations in lieu of attendance are also welcomed.
SHARE THE WALK INFORMATION
AND HELP US HELP OUR WOUNDED HEREOS!
Thank you to all the volunteers, sponsors, and thousands of attendees for raising funds for our heroes!
Become a sponsor for “The Walk”!
Becoming a sponsor of the Walk For The Wounded will be directly helping American heroes. Because corporations, small businesses and individual supporters have varied budgets for charitable causes, you or your company can become a sponsor for “The Walk” starting at a very reasonable and manageable level to being the prime sponsor of the event. Each level supports your business or interest appropriately with logo recognition, marketing, and advertising.
The levels are listed below with pricing and full breakdown. All contributions are tax deductible and in excess of 97% of funds raised will go directly to helping wounded American troops and their families.
Change the Life of a Hero
ADVERTISE IN OUR DEDICATION BOOKLET
The Dedication Booklet is a way to advertise or show appreciation to our wounded troops with a Thank you ad. Whether you are a business, corporation, family, team, group of friends, or individual; you have the opportunity to get into the ad book. Not only will this book be available at the event and have a lot of exposure, but a portion of the books will also be delivered to Walter Reed National Military Medical Center and distributed to the wounded soldiers there. This is your chance to advertise with a page or business card, or thank the troops and their families for their sacrifice to our country. Please take the time and “space” to do so.
ABOUT THE WALK
On Saturday, May 20th, Operation First Response presents the 10th Annual Walk for the Wounded at Rose Tree Park in Media, PA. Registration for the Walk & Warriors 5k Run takes place at Rose Tree Park at 8:30 a.m., and the three-mile Walk begins immediately after the ceremony.
The goal of the day is two-fold:
1. To draw attention to the plight of tens of thousands of returning soldiers who are wounded, and whose families are facing significant financial and emotional challenges as their loved one recovers.
2. To raise funds to help meet the critical needs of these families, many of whom are crisis right now – today, in hometowns all across the country.
- Operation First Response (OFR) delivers over 97 cents of every dollar raised to wounded soldiers and their families.
- OFR is staffed by mostly volunteers; with the exception of one full-time and one part-time salary workers.
- The 3 mile walk & 5k run will take place Rose Tree Park in Media, PA.
- Walkers register here and are asked to help get donation sponsors for themselves, if possible.
- Companies are also invited to become Walk or Corporate Sponsors, or to advertise in the WALK PROGRAM being distributed at the event.
- People are invited to simply make a donation.
It is hard for us to comprehend waking up each day in a hostile country, putting our life on the line to protect people from terrorists who have no fear and no conscience about planning and conducting mass murder. It is harder still to imagine how it feels to be at the heart of a bomb explosion – or to be shot by snipers – or to be the target of a single man or woman whose mission is to be a human bomb. Sadly, many lives are lost. But of equal importance are the lives that are changed forever in the blink of an eye by severe wounds, life changing amputations, and painful surgeries – often followed by mounting bills at home, necessary job retraining, home renovations and more. Just dealing with the emotional scars is difficult – but with your donations OFR ‘has their back’ on the home front.
Operation First Response, Inc., supports our nation’s Wounded Warriors and their families with personal and financial needs. Services are provided from the onset of injury, throughout their recovery period and along their journey from military life into the civilian world. Financial aid varies as each case is based on individual needs ranging from rent, utilities, vehicle payments, groceries, clothing, and travel expenses.